Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Blustery Eve


Christmas Eve. A front came in last night and brought with it cold temperatures and high winds. It sounds like the blizzards I grew up with in upstate New York out there, but there's no snow to go with the howling wind. With a family gathering tonight, singing at a Christmas Eve service, cooking, last minute errands and wrapping, the garden went untended today. The wind is blowing the last of the leaves off of the pear tree and has cleaned off the driveway for me. Thanks for the help Mother Nature. I'll cross that off my list today. Our huge and gorgeous Live Oak trees are badly in need of a trimming. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this wind doesn't bring down the limbs that are weaving and waving right over our roof.

I am so grateful for the home, hearth, health, family and friends I am blessed with. Those are all the gifts I need.

Merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment