Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christine Unplugged


A front blew through last night while we sang and rang in the New Year so today I picked up the sticks that were littering the yard.  A simple task for a tired woman, but even that felt good.  Perhaps my sleeping problem the last couple of nights is less about the full moon and more about my body being in shock from the unusual amounts of sunshine and fresh air it's suddenly receiving!  My internal clock doesn't know what time it is anymore. 

I said my goodbyes to our little south Austin farmland this evening.  Tomorrow we begin our journey to Belize to make music with Jerry Jeff Walker and stay with him and his wife Susan in their island home, so I won't be writing for a week or so.  Well, you might find me curled into a chair on the veranda drinking in the Caribbean air and putting pen to paper, but I won't be rushing to find a computer to post it to you back here in blog land.  There's a time and place for commitments, and this week it's time to commit to total unplugged down time.  Here I go.     

1 comment:

  1. I saw the link to your blog as promised, so being hooked on blogging myself I followed it. I love the concept you have created and look forward to getting to know you a little. Vicky Rudy

    ReplyDelete